Monday, April 5, 2010

facebook advertising at work

Just a quick post before I head off to Thailand for 6 days.

I've been curious to see if facebook was starting to index profile updates into their advertising mix.

Basically, the premise is, if you write an update, facebook would index keywords in that update and begin pushing advertisements to you based on those keywords in realtime.

I was unsure if they had started this process in Australia, as I was yet to see any evidence of it happening, until this morning.

On Thursday morning I wrote this update "Heading to the land of Thai's v soon."



Then this morning I get this ad.


I don't have the word Thailand anywhere in my profle info. The only indication I had given to facebook that I was leaving to Thailand was that update. It didn't even include the countries full name, yet still, I managed to receive a relevant ad specific to Thailand.

Looks like facebook are starting to ramp up their real-time advertising activities.

36 comments:

  1. 向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 先為別人的快樂著想,是超人;先為自己的快樂著想,是凡人;使別人不快樂,自己也不快樂的,是笨人。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 宇宙萬物中,沒有比人的存在更值得驚訝的!是怎樣的緣份讓我能在分享你的心情~~............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 獨居時,要反省自己的過錯;在社會大眾之間,則要忘卻別人的過失。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. 知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。............................................................

    ReplyDelete